If you have decided to take a trip to Sri Lanka, it is best to know that a wonderful destination awaits you that you will always remember. It is waiting for you to embark on a trip to a country where hospitality is everything. Its position on the map has made it, over the years, a place where some of the most important trade routes in history have been interwoven. In this way, it has been a bridge between the cultures of Western Asia and Southeast Asia. Therefore, when travelling to Sri Lanka you will notice an atmosphere which you never seen in any of your previous experiences. If you are planning to trip to the west and south coasts of Sri Lanka, December to March is the best time to visit Sri Lanka. Browse Sri Lanka Holiday Deals .
Know what you can see during your Sri Lanka visit?
Places to visit
This destination is a small country, but the possibilities are tremendously varied. Choosing what to see in Sri Lanka is not easy. To get more detail about Sri Lanka visit Sri Lanka Tour And Beach Holiday . Some of the things you can not miss are:
- Sigiriya: an ancient royal city perched on the top of a monolith, this archaeological site is a must for lovers of history, adventure and beautiful views from above.
- Galle: this charming town by the sea was fortified by Europeans in the colonial era, and has been declared a UNESCO heritage site since 1988. From here you can visit some of the southern beaches of Sri Lanka, where you can relax and admire the famous mosquito fishers. .
- Kandy: in the religious capital of Sri Lanka you can visit the Temple of the Tooth, which houses one of the most important relics of Buddhism. This old colonial city has a special beauty, which is enhanced by the surrounding nature, and with the presence of royal monuments and a very curious botanical garden.
- Yala National Park: go with a guide on a unique safari through varied landscapes, and admire elephants, crocodiles, monkeys and leopards. You will be captivated by its contrast of environments, from humid tropical forests to beach areas. In this park the largest number of leopards in the world is concentrated.
What to do?
We tell you below some of the must-sees on your trip to Sri Lanka.
- Visit Adam’s Peak. This sacred mountain is a destination for pilgrims and hikers who go there to pray and admire the fabulous view.
- Discover the best temples of Sri Lanka in Anuradhapura. Home to gigantic temples and stupas, this sacred city of Buddhism is the perfect place to immerse you in the fervour and local traditions.
- Relax in Trincomalee. The immense white sand beaches of this city are the ideal destination for those who want to enjoy the crystal clear sea and diving.
- Tour the tea plantations of Sri Lanka, in the Nuwara Eliya Mountains.
- Go into the Caves of Dambulla, a complex that houses more than 80 caves where you can admire Buddhist paintings and sculptures, and the famous caves that form the so-called Golden Temple.